Brotherhood and Salfis have faced civil society organizations’ observers to persuade them to reveal illegal practices
In a situation of abuses and distortion of the reputation of civil society organizations in Egypt, in the area of Gharbaya, in the 5th district, in the Ahmed Oraby school, Zefta some deputies of the Freedom and Justice Party and the El Nour party have accused the ECWR’s observers (who are legally recognized to monitor the elections) to be part of Jewish organizations that aim to absent people’s minds through distributing drugs and getting funds from foreign organizations to harm the country.
During the second day of voting, the ECWR’s operations room follows up the third phase of the People’s Assembly elections 2011 from a gender perspective. ECWR received many complaints and violations as follows:
- In the 2nd district, in Qoum El-Daba Primary school, in the polling station NO. 263, the deputy of an independent candidate has forced female voters through the signature on their voting sheet in front of the judge.
- In the 2nd district, in the El-Nile Primary school, in the area of Qos, there was a clash between the Freedom and Justice Party and El Nour party to attract voters and some militaries have stopped the fight.
- In the 2nd district, in Taha Hussein school, in the Bani Mazar area, some deputies of the Freedom and Justice party have distributed papers during the electoral propaganda in the polling stations.
- In the 3rd district, in Ahmed Orabi Primary school, in the polling station No. 151,deputies of the El- Nour party have forced female voters to mark the symbol of the party in front of them (this school include 6 polling stations)
- In the 3rd district, in Abyoha Preparatory school, the female voters were gathered in microbuses (43205) for the El Nour party and in others Microbus (40165) for the Freedom and Justice Party.
- In the 2nd district, in El Kharqanya Preparatory school for girl, the electoral propaganda for the Freedom and Justice party has continued also during the elections inside the school; some candidates of the El-Wafd party have informed the head of the polling station but nothing changed.
- In the 3rd district, in Abdel Megeed Amer secondary school, in the village of Shobra Shehab, a deputy of El Nour party has forced a veiled woman to vote for his party; the ECWR’s observer has informed the head of the polling station.
- In the 1st district, in Qaha Preparatory school for girls, in the polling stations No. 927, 928, 929, and 930, the electoral propaganda has continued during the elections with the distribution of papers by candidates of the El Wafd party and by an independent candidate representative of the Revolution Continues Alliance.
- In the 2nd district, in Shabrato Primary school, some deputies of the El Nour party and the Freedom and Justice Party have influenced female voters and gathered them in cars No. 13749 and 14747 in Gharabya.
- In the 5th district, in Amr Ibn El-Aas experimental school, Othman Ibn Afan Primary school, Ali Abu Taleb School, and Fatma El-Zahra primary school, some deputies of the Freedom and Justice and the El-Nour parties have cooperated to influence female voters to vote for both parties through veiled women that were placed in front of the polling stations.
- In the 5th district, in Ahmed Orabi School, Zefta, some deputies of the Freedom and Justice Party and El Nour party have brawled with the ECWR’s observers (who have cards for monitoring) and have accused them to be part of Jewish organizations that aim to absent people’s minds through distributing drugs and getting funds from foreign organizations to harm the country.