Finally, there are some important principles that must be contained in the constitution, which are:
- The word of men and women becomes more accurate, it also emphasizes the observance of equality of all men and women.
- Should by all means take into account the limited use of the conscience of “him”, because even if some see that linguistics emphasizes that this signal include men and women, but it is one way or another, the impact of social and cultural gives the opportunity for expansion in the interpretation by the court in the direction of discrimination based on gender.
- There is a need for an article that addresses the cultural and legislative distortions discriminating against women. The distortions which were inherited for generations. In addition to providing at least 30% of all decision making positions, elected councils seats -such as parliament and local councils- and boards of unions to women.
- Article about the measures that must be taken by the government to strengthen and confirm the equality between men and women in all fields.
- The necessity of a text that guarantees the right to shelter and housing, this text is very important for women who find themselves homeless after the absence of the breadwinner, whether divorce, death or abandonment.
- An article that clearly outlaws discrimination between men and women
After the formation of the fifty member committee, there were many community dialogue sessions where the committee listened to the proposals in addition to special sessions by women’s organizations and women’s movements to listen to their suggestions, the sessions were attended by the Egyptian Center, one of these sessions with a coalition of women’s organizations which focused on proposals presented below:
- The importance of a women’s quota
The constitutional must guarantee that at least 30% of the Parliament is for women, there are 97 countries in the world apply the quota, even Arab countries, many of which apply quota, such as Tunisia, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Sudan, and Iraq. During the years of 1979, 1984 an 2010 when Egypt applied the quota the Parliament witnessed in these courses high proportion of female representation as a result of the application of the quota.
The quota must be applied in any electoral system. If the system was based on individual system, the constituencies must add the seats of workers, farmers and women,
However, if the electoral system was based on lists, the lists will be arranged as: man woman man woman or woman man woman man.
The necessity for a text that require political parties to nominate women and determining the status of women on the party list, and not leave the matter to each party. Some parties resort to placing women at the end of the electoral list, as what happened in 2011 elections.
- The need to re-districting constituencies, the wide space may form an obstacle in front the success of women candidates.
- Replacing mysterious words like”the State is bound” by words such as “the state is obligated”.
- Deleting the phrase in Article 10 “do not contradict with Islamic Sharia” law, because second article of the constitution is sufficient.
- Criminalizing all forms of violence against women by clear text.
- Criminalization of human trafficking.
- Criminalizing discrimination against women in both employment and health maters.
- Fair representation of women in all leadership positions in the state.
- Fair representation of women in all elected and appointed bodies in the country.
- Not detaining wife, sister or mother to any accused or suspects in order to force him to turn himself in because it is infringement against women without any justification.
- State’s obligation to care for widowed, divorced and single women and providing suitable housing for them.
- There should be a rule that obligates the parliament, of not having a faction with more than two-thirds of its seats.
- The need for canceling Article 219 and the abolition of Shura Council.