Purpose of Use and Disclosure of Information.
We will collect personal information from you only in a fair, reasonable and lawful manner. We will use such personal information only for the following purposes (unless we have obtained your consent or applicable law requires or permits us to process your information otherwise):
- providing you with personalized service;
- operating this website and understanding its use for non-person related statistical purposes (number of site visits, average time visitors spend at the site, etc.) and security purposes;
- managing and processing inquiries, registrations, donations and other interactions with you;
- forwarding petitions you have signed to advocacy targets;
- providing you with information about services we offer such as newsletters, breaking news, reports etc. and informing you of other relevant Human Rights Watch activities. We will not send you such information if you object to receiving it from us or if applicable local law does not permit us to send such information to you. Please see our Privacy Preferences below if you do not wish to receive such information;
- other marketing purposes;
- sharing your contact information with our affiliates and third party organizations we feel could be of interest to you, provided you agree to such sharing and such sharing is legal under applicable local law. Please see our Privacy Preferences below if you do not wish to have your information shared in this way ;
- sharing the information you provided us with third party service providers who help us to provide our services and operate. Whenever possible, such sharing of information will be subject to an agreement with each such service provider, requiring such service provider to comply with data protection requirements. We use service providers, which may change from time to time, (among others) to:
- operate our websites and other IT systems;
- administer our e-mail lists;
It is possible that a government or other entity will try to compel us to disclose data. Where reasonable, we will challenge any subpoena or other legal process seeking access to anonymous or personal data we have collected from users of our website and mailing lists or otherwise.
The Egyptian Center for Women’s Rights websites may contain links to external websites, such as news sites, international institutions, other nongovernmental organizations or other relevant entities. We do not monitor or control the information collection or privacy practices of these or any other third parties, and are not responsible for their practices or the content of their websites. You should review the privacy policies of such third parties to understand how they collect and use information.
We use reasonable physical, technical and administrative security methods to protect the data that resides on our servers and other files. This includes mechanisms to protect your personally identifiable information under our control from loss, misuse, or alteration, such as redundant firewalls. In addition, all employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Only employees who need access to personally identifiable information to perform a specific job are granted access to that information.
Although your privacy is very important to us, due to the existing legal, regulatory and security environment, we cannot fully ensure that your private communications and other personally identifiable information will not be disclosed to third parties. For example, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Additionally, in the unlikely event we need to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you that may be in our possession to private entities, law enforcement or other government officials if necessary and appropriate.
Egyptian Center for Women’s rights
135 Misr Helwan Agriculture Road
Maadi, Cairo, Egypt
Tel : +202 527-1397
Fax : +202 528-2175